The Spotfire Community is moving to TIBCOmmunity and this forum location has closed. During the transition, you can still search the old forums but posting has been disabled. We encourage you to pick up the discussion at the new Spotfire community on TIBCOmmunity.
Calculated Column - comparing one row to another row of data in a group of records - TIBCO Spotfire Community

Calculated Column - comparing one row to another row of data in a group of records

Last post Thu, Feb 23 2012 11:20 PM by ITH_HU_BI. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 25 2012 10:43 AM

Calculated Column - comparing one row to another row of data in a group of records

I understand the Previous or Next over can be easily used when we are grouping the data in a representation (cross table or a graph).

However, I want to check the difference between a running number of the current with the last row. Is there a way to do this. What I am essentially trying to do is to group a set of rows based on a running sequence number wherein an ordered data has a running sequence with a tolerance of x value.

i.e. if I have a table with values for a column 1,3,5,9,10,13,14 . Assume my precision is 2 then i will have essentially 3 buckets with (1,3,5) , (9.10)  , (13,14). How can I achieve this in a customized expression or calculated column

Filed under: ,
  • Thu, Jan 26 2012 5:14 AM In reply to

• EranS
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 12 2009
    • Israel
    • Posts 377

Re: Calculated Column - comparing one row to another row of data in a group of records

Hi, Did you try the ranking formula's. they will do data windowing(bucketing) for you. Best Regards, Eran
  • Mon, Jan 30 2012 1:05 PM In reply to

Re: Calculated Column - comparing one row to another row of data in a group of records

What exactly is bucketing? I used ranking based on another field, but then how do I group episodes based on a sequence.

Spotfire allows grouping based on 'same' pattern or field value. But, I want to group based on a sequentially pattern and form 'episodes'.  Is that possible?

• Thu, Feb 23 2012 11:20 PM In reply to

Dear EranS!

We would like check the sequence of on integer type column. What we would expect from the report is to show if there is a gap in the sequence. We tried it with NEXT function, but did not succeed. Could you please help us how to do it properly?

Example:

Column1 Column2 Check
    aaaa 1 ok
    aaaa 2 ok
    aaaa 3 ok
    aaaa 5 not OK
    aaaa 6 ok
    aaaa 7 ok

Thanks in advance 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
┬ęCopyright 2000-2011 TIBCO Software Inc | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use I Blog I Contact Us I Content Center