The Spotfire Community is moving to TIBCOmmunity and this forum location has closed. During the transition, you can still search the old forums but posting has been disabled. We encourage you to pick up the discussion at the new Spotfire community on TIBCOmmunity.
Script to create calculated columns - TIBCO Spotfire Community

Script to create calculated columns

Last post Wed, Apr 25 2012 11:04 PM by youbing. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:01 AM

Script to create calculated columns

Dear Customer Support:

Is it possible to post a simple script to create calculated in a data-table using the existing columns?

I have a table, say "Sales", and there're two columns "[Q1]" and "[Q2]" , what I would like to achieve is to create a cal-column which is the sum of these two: e.g. [1H] = SUM([Q1],[Q2]), I know what to do using the tool, but is there a way to automate this process using ironpython script ?

I've looked up all relative tags and APIs and discussions and could not find anything, so I have to come up here and ask for your help again.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

YM

• Thu, Mar 1 2012 3:42 PM In reply to

Re: Script to create calculated columns

Why do you want that, as soon as you add the calculated column, it will stay there when you refresh / replace the data...

Christof

-----------------------------------
    Dr. Christof Gaenzler
    Sr Solutions Consultant
    TIBCO Spotfire
  • Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:25 PM In reply to

• Thu, Mar 1 2012 8:25 PM In reply to

Dear Christof:

Thanks for the question.

I understand that a calculated column will stay there and refresh automatically (as long as the underlying column doesn't go away). I'm asking this question because there's a need to create a lots of calculated columns and it is a frustrating and error-prone process (and may need to get repeated)

With regards,
    YM

• Fri, Mar 2 2012 5:28 AM In reply to

Have you tried to Unpivot the data and do the calculation with one new column independant of the column name?

Christof

-----------------------------------
    Dr. Christof Gaenzler
    Sr Solutions Consultant
    TIBCO Spotfire
  • Fri, Mar 2 2012 3:19 PM In reply to

I too would like to see a script posted.  I do understand the comment about about calculated field.  However, I have a switch like condition which I need to script.

Thanks

• Wed, Apr 25 2012 11:04 PM In reply to

• youbing
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 25 2012
    • Posts 9

dre beats wireless

Smartphone kobe beats users expect through the headset appreciation has high fidelity quality music playback. Due to the human ear earphones directly affecting the user experience of hearing, so it should be no headphone amplifiers hear noise. And design personnel in design stereo headset amplifier output Red Beats By Dr. Dre Studio segment the capacitance coupling and real need from grounding true ground and so on the different choice selected in a more suitable dre beats wireless solutions.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
┬ęCopyright 2000-2011 TIBCO Software Inc | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use I Blog I Contact Us I Content Center