The Spotfire Community is moving to TIBCOmmunity and this forum location has closed. During the transition, you can still search the old forums but posting has been disabled. We encourage you to pick up the discussion at the new Spotfire community on TIBCOmmunity.
Spotfire Professional Datasource to connect to Salesforce (SFDC) via Spotfire Professional Information Designer. - TIBCO Spotfire Community

Spotfire Professional Datasource to connect to Salesforce (SFDC) via Spotfire Professional Information Designer.

Last post Mon, Aug 20 2012 4:34 PM by gstrader. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 22 2012 2:07 AM

• Taher
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 4 2011
    • Posts 28

Spotfire Professional Datasource to connect to Salesforce (SFDC) via Spotfire Professional Information Designer.

Requirement :  Spotfire Professional Datasource to connect to Salesforce (SFDC) via Spotfire Professional Information Designer.

Spotfire Application Data services for Sales force v6 i.e. Composite Software Server / Studio 6.0 is properly configured to connect to Salesforce data and able to access sales force data from Composite Studio 6.0.

In Spotfire Professional I am trying to create a new Data source of type Spotfire Application Data Services and using the following connection URL

jdbc:compositesw:dbapi@<server>:<port9401>?domain=<domain>&dataSource=<data_source>

Where server is my server name, port used is 9400, domain=composite and datasource=my data source name.

So my connection URL is as an example is

jdbc:compositesw:dbapi@si-dtp-242:9400?domain=composite&dataSource=SFDC_CONN

SFDC_CONN is my correctly working Data source name in Composite Software connecting to Salesforce data.

In spotfire Professional via Information Designer When I save this new Data source with my given name as SFDC it says…

**********************************************************************************

The data source type 'Composite' is not supported.

Cannot connect to data source 'SFDC', due to invalid configuration or that the data source is not running.

Database reported:

Error initializing data source with name 'test-connection'

**********************************************************************************

In the above message, SFDC is my given Data source name in Spotfire Professional.

Why it gives the above error message ? What is the Solution ? Is there anystep I have missed ? Is there anything I should check ? Is my Example connection URL incorrect ? Any help is appreciated.

The following are the versions

Spotfire Professional version – 3.3.2

Spotfire server version – 3.3

Spotfire Application Data Services for Sales Force Version 6

Composite Software version 6

OS is Windows 32 bit.

Spotfire
  • Thu, May 24 2012 1:45 AM In reply to

• malar
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 5 2010
    • Posts 10

Re: Spotfire Professional Datasource to connect to Salesforce (SFDC) via Spotfire Professional Information Designer.

Hi Taher,

I too face the similar issue.Did you find the solution? Could you share it. Thanks!

Regards

Malar

• Tue, Jun 12 2012 2:10 AM In reply to

• Taher
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 4 2011
    • Posts 28

Re: Spotfire Professional Datasource to connect to Salesforce (SFDC) via Spotfire Professional Information Designer.

Hi Malar,

Sorry for the late response, No not yet ! any luck from your side ?

Thanks and Regs

-Taher

Spotfire
  • Mon, Aug 20 2012 4:34 PM In reply to

• gstrader
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 20 2012
    • Posts 1

You've probably figured this out by now, but I thought I would offer a possible solution for anyone else that might run into this problem.

Your problem might be that you haven't registered the "Spotfire Application Data Services" data source type.  Does it only show Oracle and SQL Server as data source types?  In order to get the Composite data source type added, you will need to follow the instructions "TIBCO Spotfire® Advanced Data Services 6.1.0 Setup Manual" that are in the SADS ZIP download file.  Chapter 3 and 4 specifically cover the configuration steps required to add this data source type.

Gary Strader
    Bardess Group Ltd.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
©Copyright 2000-2011 TIBCO Software Inc | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use I Blog I Contact Us I Content Center