The Spotfire Community is moving to TIBCOmmunity and this forum location has closed. During the transition, you can still search the old forums but posting has been disabled. We encourage you to pick up the discussion at the new Spotfire community on TIBCOmmunity.
Spotfire and R integration - TIBCO Spotfire Community

Spotfire and R integration

Last post Tue, Feb 5 2013 4:25 AM by mtembh. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:55 AM

• Anilo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 8 2012
    • Posts 2

Spotfire and R integration

Hello, I am a newbie, so please forgive my ignorance. I want to integrate R with Spotfire, I want to get data from Spotfire, send data to R, alter the data on R and show the new data on Spotfire. Thing is , I want to do these on my PC, locally. Yesterday I installed Spotfire, TSSS, TSSSLA and R ofcourse, but couldn't manage to make the integration. I couldn't be able to start the server via TSSSLA, error message was something like "Wrong installation or port is used by another service.". Can you please help me to overcome this situation, thanks. Have a nice day.
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:52 PM In reply to

• lauritssn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 17 2011
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 16

Re: Spotfire and R integration

You should not install both TSSS and the local adapter on the same machine - this will probably give you port conflicts - as you are experiencing now. If the machine is a workstation - start by uninstalling TSSS as this is the hardest to get working - the local adapter is easier. Also be aware the the R version matters - please start with an R version 12.2.2 (I think this is the one) - if this works - try and upgrade until it does not work anymore. Remember to set the TSSSLA url inside Spotfire under Options to http://localhost:xxxx/SPlusServer (xxxx being the port number - and the whole url being the one written it TSSSLA). This should do the trick for you.
    Best Regards

Laurits Nielsen
    Spotfire Partner Denmark
    Visual Reporting ApS
    www.visualreporting.dk
  • Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:31 AM In reply to

• Anilo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 8 2012
    • Posts 2

Thank you man, it worked.
    Filed under:
  • Tue, Feb 5 2013 4:25 AM In reply to

• mtembh
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 10 2012
    • Posts 19

Hi,

I have installed statistics services local adapter in the local system and tried to implement word cloud through R script.

I created a data function and called the data function through scripting in Spotfire. But, the data function is not getting executed.

Kindly help with the procedure to integrate R using the local adapter.

Regards,

Divya Naik

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
┬ęCopyright 2000-2011 TIBCO Software Inc | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use I Blog I Contact Us I Content Center