The Spotfire Community is moving to TIBCOmmunity and this forum location has closed. During the transition, you can still search the old forums but posting has been disabled. We encourage you to pick up the discussion at the new Spotfire community on TIBCOmmunity.
Details on Demand Duplicates - TIBCO Spotfire Community

Details on Demand Duplicates

Last post Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:45 AM by dathey. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:34 PM

Details on Demand Duplicates

I have a bar chart that shows a unique count on the bars.  In the details on demand it shows the total rows in the table.

In my example screenshot...I have a unique count of [In id].  In the bar chart January 2010 shows 10.  When I click on it there are 14 records.  These are duplicated because there are multiple Hazard Registry entries.  This is how the data gets pulled in from our db.  Is there a way to remove these duplicates form the Details on Demand?  Other than not pulling in that column form the db?

Hope this makes sense and I explained it well.

• Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:45 AM In reply to

• dathey
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 21 2009
    • Somerville, MA
    • Posts 19

Re: Details on Demand Duplicates

Details-on-demand will always show the individual records (including duplicates if they are present). However, you can create your own "detail-on-demand" by configuring another visualization as a "details visualization".

Try right-clicking on the bar chart and selecting "create details visualization>cross-table". The cross table can then be configured to show the data you want with the duplicates removed. Since it's a details visualization it will behave like the details-on-demand and only show info on the marked bars.

It may also be helpful to change the marking color of the cross-tab so it's visually distinct from the bar chart.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
┬ęCopyright 2000-2011 TIBCO Software Inc | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use I Blog I Contact Us I Content Center