The Spotfire Community is moving to TIBCOmmunity and this forum location has closed. During the transition, you can still search the old forums but posting has been disabled. We encourage you to pick up the discussion at the new Spotfire community on TIBCOmmunity.
Stack Overflow and Recall() Function Help - TIBCO Spotfire Community

Stack Overflow and Recall() Function Help

Last post Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:54 PM by Dan White. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 13 2010 3:43 PM

Stack Overflow and Recall() Function Help

Let me begin by saying that I do not have a math or statistics background, and that most - but not all - of my development experience has been in PL/SQL. I tell you that in order to give you some idea of how foreign much of S-Plus is to me. That being said, however, I have learned a fair amount via Google, the S-Plus 8 Programmer's Guide, and trial and error. I support an Oracle database application that uses S-Plus to handle the statistical processing that we require. As our company has steadily downsized our development team, we no longer have any anyone with background or training in statistics or S-Plus. Therefore, support for our S-Plus code has fallen to me. It is extremely rare that we have any S-Plus code changes required due to the fact that our system supports regulatory compliance and the statistical methodologies used are pretty much carved in stone. In fact, the last time we had any significant changes was October of 2005. We have recently moved to new server hardware and upgraded from S-plus 6.2 to S+ Version 8.1.1 for Sun SPARC, SunOS 5.8, 32-bit running on Solaris 9 and interfacing with Oracle 11g. As part of our processing, we use the "n choose k combinations" code from Venables and Ripley (1997): combinations = n) set else rbind(cbind(set[1], Recall(n - 1, k - 1, set[-1])), Recall( n - 1, k, set[-1])) } fun(n, k, set) } After upgrading to 8.1 we began running in Stack Overflow issues, which I have traced to this function. Problem: Stack overflow (Eval) Top functions on stack: 2680: - 2679:
    Filed under: ,
  • Tue, Jul 13 2010 3:54 PM In reply to

Re: Stack Overflow and Recall() Function Help

Since the post editor did not keep any of my line feeds, I attached a text file with a formatted copy of the post.
  • Wed, Aug 11 2010 8:54 PM In reply to

Re: Stack Overflow and Recall() Function Help

Hi,

Have you contacted S+ Support? They should be able to help you troubleshoot this migration issue.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
┬ęCopyright 2000-2011 TIBCO Software Inc | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use I Blog I Contact Us I Content Center