The Spotfire Community is moving to TIBCOmmunity and this forum location has closed. During the transition, you can still search the old forums but posting has been disabled. We encourage you to pick up the discussion at the new Spotfire community on TIBCOmmunity.
User Groups and Access Permissions to Libraries - TIBCO Spotfire Community

User Groups and Access Permissions to Libraries

Last post Tue, Mar 9 2010 10:46 AM by agaldo. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 14 2009 7:20 AM

• agaldo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 14 2009
    • Posts 5

User Groups and Access Permissions to Libraries

Hi, Can I grant permissions to a Group so they can work with a Specific DXP file? How about a more granular restriction so they can only see certain tabs in the library? How about specific Data Sources? For example Group A only sees Data Sources A and B, but not C. And my DXP file includes the three of them. Thanks in advance Antonio
  • Fri, Dec 18 2009 1:59 PM In reply to

Re: User Groups and Access Permissions to Libraries

Antonio,

There are various levels that you can set your permissions at and by using various combinations you can achieve most of what you are looking for.

we can have a quick call to demo the functionality if you so wish.

4C Analytics

• Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:33 AM In reply to

• agaldo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 5

Thanks. Can you please detail a bit more or refer to product documentation so I can find out? For an iProcess spotfire PoC customer has requested this functionality and I need to confirm we can show it. Regards
  • Fri, Feb 26 2010 5:00 PM In reply to

Hi,

in the stn.spotfire.com, under User Doc you can find the Server installation Manual (http://stn.spotfire.com/stn/UserDoc.aspx?UserDoc=pdfud/TIB_SSDoc_3.1.0_ServerInstallationManual.pdf).

6.4 Setting up Users, Groups, and Licenses

Spotfire licenses control which software features are available to different users.
    Licenses are set for groups. If you are using an external mechanism to handle users
    and groups, you can create Spotfire groups and put the external groups into the
    Spotfire groups. Users and groups can be created and deleted in the Administration
    Console. Licenses are set in the Administration Manager, on the tab Groups and
    Licenses. See each tool’s help for detailed information and help on setting up Users,
    Groups, and Licenses.

What you are looking for is a mixture of personalized Information Links and access rights.

Christof

-----------------------------------
    Dr. Christof Gaenzler
    Sr Solutions Consultant
    TIBCO Spotfire
    Filed under:
  • Tue, Mar 9 2010 10:46 AM In reply to

• agaldo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 5

Thanks a lot!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
©Copyright 2000-2011 TIBCO Software Inc | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use I Blog I Contact Us I Content Center