The Spotfire Community is moving to TIBCOmmunity and this forum location has closed. During the transition, you can still search the old forums but posting has been disabled. We encourage you to pick up the discussion at the new Spotfire community on TIBCOmmunity.
Integrating Spotfire Professional Client with S+ - TIBCO Spotfire Community

Integrating Spotfire Professional Client with S+

Last post Wed, Aug 8 2012 10:28 AM by Dan White. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 21 2012 6:06 PM

• kubera
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 21 2012
    • Posts 4

Integrating Spotfire Professional Client with S+

I have successfully installed Spotfire Server 3.3.3, Webplayer 4.0.2 and integared it wih Spotfire Professional Client 4.0.2. That all works fine.

Then  I installed, S+ 8.2.0 client and Statistics Services 3.3.0 and Statistics Services Local Adapter 3.3.0. They individually work fine and verified. However I have two questions.

1) How does  S+ 8.2.0 client communicate with Statistics Services 3.3.0? Is it through Statistics Services Local Adapter? Where in S+ 8.2.0 client do I specify that there is a Stats Service out there?

2) How does Spotfire 4.0.2 client communicate with the Stats Services or S+? What configuration do I need to make on Spotfire Client/Server side to enable it to be Stats Ready?

Thanks

Filed under:
  • Wed, Aug 8 2012 10:28 AM In reply to

Re: Integrating Spotfire Professional Client with S+

The easiest way to deploy code and remotely execute functions from S+ client to Statistics Services is to use the S+ Workbench (Eclipse-based) IDE. There is a Statistics Services view in there, where you can register your Stats Services instances, and then submit and monitor jobs.

To execute an S+ function from Spotfire Pro, you need to use the Register Data Function dialog. There, you can paste in a script, wire up the inputs and outputs from Spotfire to the script, and then various user interactions can automatically trigger recalculation of the S+ data function.

The Local Adapter is for local prototyping, e.g., if you want to test a new version of a custom S+ package before deploying it to Stats Services. In this case, you might need to tweak your S+ script, or perhaps you don't want to disrupt other working applications in your organization. You can prototype and test locally with the Local Adapter (connects Spotfire Pro directly to a local instance of S+), and then deploy once you've verified the functionality.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
┬ęCopyright 2000-2011 TIBCO Software Inc | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use I Blog I Contact Us I Content Center